Thursday, January 15, 2009

miracles

155 people on board a U.S. airways flight and no fatalities, all the news stations are calling this a "near-miraculous" if not miraculous instance. It made me think that God has a unique plan for all those on board. I, like many probably, have thought before what it would be like to be in a plane that is crashing. What would my last words be or would I have the courage to help others let alone speak of Christ? This also brings the urgency of the gospel and the main purpose of life. We are here and alive post-resurrection for very important reasons. Beyond what each of our lives are directed to do by the Father in Heaven we all have one main objective... to be prisoners for the gospel. As I was praying recently this thought almost brought me to tears. We are prisoners of the gospel some of us tightly bound others loosely shackled. I found that there is no escaping this powerful thing that has captured my heart. The gospel is so strong that it defies dreams and hopes of some to become business men/women, lawyers and molecular biologists or puts you right in those places for the sake of the gospel itself. The true miracle that I "wrestle" with almost everyday is the fact that Christ would come down and die for a broken world and a sinner like me. He has plans for those 155, who knows maybe it is so that all of them would discover His love. 

No comments: